CompTIA Cloud Overview
$59.00Price in reward points: 133 What are Reward Points?
Reward Points are gained by referring ITU courses to other students.
TRY IT FREE FOR 48 HOURS
Access our entire library for 48 hours.
Just fill out the form below.
The CompTIA Cloud Essential certification is applicable to a wide range of IT professionals. This course is geared towards IT professionals currently in or looking for positions as IT consultants, IT technical services, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants and business process owners analysts.This course is the first step on a training path that leads to a technical career in cloud computing.
Domain 1.0 Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspective
- 1.1 Understand common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide examples.
- 1.2 Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
- 1.3 Name early examples of cloud computing.
- 1.4 Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
- 1.5 Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.6 Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.7 Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
Domain 2.0 Cloud Computing and Business Value
- 2.1 Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- 2.2 Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
- 2.3 Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
Domain 3.0 Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
- 3.1 Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
- 3.2 Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment.
- 3.3 Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
- 3.4 Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application-development process.
Domain 4.0 Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud
- 4.1 Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services.
- 4.2 Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
- 4.3 Understand the following organizational capabilities that are relevant for realizing cloud benefits.
- 4.4 Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
Domain 5.0 Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
- 5.1 Understand the impact and changes cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
- 5.2 Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
Domain 6.0 Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
- 6.1 Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organization’s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
- 6.2 Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
- 6.3 Understand how to maintain strategic flexibility.